Terms & Conditions
All operators who participate in Mackay Tourism Ltd. (MTL) marketing activity must adhere to the following terms:
1. All advertisers must be financial members of MTL and their level of membership must grant access to MTL regional marketing campaigns or TEQ state-wide marketing campaigns.
2. All advertising material must be approved by MTL.
3. For campaign activity, MTL reserves the right to:
- Refuse advertisements that do not meet the participation requirements criteria
- Ensure there is an adequate mix of operators featured in the campaign
4. All advertising material must promote Mackay and Isaac regions tourism product through either a brand or retail/price product offer.
5. The outlined advertising opportunities are available for the promotion of leisure tourism product within the domestic market only. MTL reserves the right to reject any advertisement that does not fairly represent the destination as a domestic leisure destination. Advertising must meet required specifications.
6. All advertising space must be booked by MTL, on behalf of the advertiser and with the approval of MTL.
7. No arrangements entered into by a contractor of MTL will be binding upon MTL until accepted and approved by MTL.
8. MTL reserves the right to cancel advertisements if material is not received by the specified deadline. Failure to provide material by specified guidelines may result in delays in publishing or cancellation and MTL reserves the right to charge the full fee or rate. The advertiser warrants that the content of the advertisement is true and correct in all respects, is not misleading or deceptive and contains no representations and statements prohibited by the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Commonwealth).
9. All payments for advertisements must be paid within 14 days.
10. All advertisers agree to pay 15 % commission to MTL on deal sales within this campaign that come directly from MTL.
11. MTL reserves the right to reject any advertising copy or material which is deemed inappropriate for any reason, whether or not such material has been previously accepted or published.
12. Advertisers and their agencies must accept full responsibility for the content of all advertisements and agree to indemnify MTL and publishers against any claim or proceedings arising out of the publication of such advertisement.
13. Cancellations will not be accepted after the cancellation date has past. The advertiser and/or the advertiser's agency agree to pay the full charges specified for a cancellation for any reason after the cancellation date.
14. All bookings must be received in writing and bookings are made on a first in, first served basis.
15. All advertisers participating in any campaign activity must have a current and active ATDW (Australian Tourism Data Warehouse) subscription.
16. MTL is not liable for any loss, damage, cost or expense (including consequential loss) arising out of delay, omission, default or error by MTL (other than by MTL’s negligence) in relation to placement of an advertisement or the availability, functionality or performance of any website or other media.
17. MTL reserves the right from time to time to amend or cancel any of these conditions or if subscription levels are not achieved.